Friday, August 2, 2013

Yiddish for IT Leaders

I have come to the conclusion that I need to know more yiddish.  Can I use it as a code to hide what I am really thinking?  Help bypass any email filters?  Just make me feel better.  Here is my arsenal.

bupkis - As in - you don't know bupkis.

chutzpah - There is always one team member with too much of this.

glitch - Things are late again?  It must be another glitch.

kibitz - What we should call reviews.

klutz - You don't want this and a programming to go together.

kvetch - What I do when I get home from work.

nudnik - In management speak these are the team members you manage out.

schmuck - What you call someone who changes something directly in production - first.

schtik - A little off topic, but I think of Benji Bronk on the radio on my way into work.

shpiel - My weekly team briefings have at least one of these.

yutz - Yiddish has lots of fun words for describing people that bum you out.

No comments:

Post a Comment