Monday, April 6, 2009

Blogging from the Enterprise

I have not blogged in some time and was lamenting the fact all weekend. It's not that I don't want to it's just that I don't know what to say - and I have plenty to say.

When I created this blog (and it's previous incarnation) it was my intention to use it as a public forum for professional things only - little to no personal stuff. At that time I owned my own company and .NET was still in beta; so there was plenty to write about. I did not want to just link to what other people said unless I thought I could add value in some way; whether by commenting or contributing value.

For the last 3 years I have worked for a Fortune 100 (probably lost a notch or two given our current valuation) company and it feels like there isn't much I can write about. So much of what I do can be considered "sensitive" or a "competitive advantage". We are in a highly competitive financal world that is currently under a great deal of pressure (I work for an Investment Mgmt company). Add to this the increase of patent applications and infringement cases and it creates a challenging situation.

I am going to try harder to find the line and just be sure to err on being conservative about what I say. Hopefully it still means something.

No comments:

Post a Comment