Sunday, September 29, 2013

Interviewing

I was recently helping some colleagues think about interviewing techniques. I like to see work product from people. So a while back I developed an assessment that we use. It has been a big help in evaluating candidates.

When I worked at Microsoft we took our interviewing very seriously. Certainly there are lots of stories (myths?) out there about the process. Some truer than others. I have a master list of good questions and suggestions I still use from that time. It is helpful to review periodically to just get into the right mindset.

Along these lines...I was recently turned onto InterviewZen. I like the idea of being able to watch a recording of someone creating a work product. We have a classic computer science sort of problem (weighted graph) that I use, but I don't get to see the person working thru their thinking. I am going to try and adapt mine to this format.

No comments:

Post a Comment